SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?Job SummaryThis position will be a leadership position with primary engineering support to SCS’s ongoing environmental consulting business efforts out of our Henderson, NV or Phoenix, AZ office. This position will be covering AZ, NV, NM and supporting efforts in UT and Southern CA metropolitan area. Initially the qualified individual will be expected to provide engineering leadership to existing solid waste business practice consisting of landfill gas and landfill engineering projects. As new work develops the selected individual will then be required to manage and maintain contact with clients; manage the schedule and work product performed consistent within SCS’s quality control standards.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all projects are designed and delivered with the purpose of meeting the Client’s business objectives.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop project scopes, objectives, and budgets involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and alignment with business strategy.
- Lead or have an active role in client prospecting and developing and executing client plans, sales plans, and key opportunity plans.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects and ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Ensure that the quality of each deliverable meets the SCS standards set forth.
- Assist in the development of strategies to solve technical challenges and provide highly skilled technical solutions.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Review invoices, accounts receivable, legal documents, and finances for accuracy and project profitability.
- Oversee risk management, quality assurance, and health and safety for all of their projects.
- Oversee evaluation and interpretation of data recorded during field work for reporting purposes and to determine future project needs.
- Develop proposals by interacting with clients to understand their business objectives, and to deliver solutions that meet the client’s technical needs and requirements.
- Review designs, drawings, calculations, and permit documents for final submittal to the client or applicable agencies.
- Oversee, manage, and develop lower level staff to advance their knowledge and career path.
- Assist other Project Managers or staff as needed when additional support, resources, or technical expertise is needed.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- Minimum of 8 Years of relevant solid waste experience required. Landfill gas engineering and compliance experience is preferred.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with a driving record in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.