A. Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. is growing! We are a 100% employee-owned multidisciplinary firm with a track record of more than 60 years of excellence providing civil engineering, surveying, environmental, landscape architecture, and construction engineering and inspection services. AMT’s staff of more than 400 employees offers far-reaching expertise and a commitment to delivering successful projects to our clients. Even with AMT’s swift growth, each of our offices fosters a highly supportive and collaborative environment. As an active and socially responsible organization, we pride ourselves on the partnerships we build with our clients to improve communities. We are hiring an Instrument Operator to join our Rockville, MD office. Position entails assisting the party chief with day-to-day operations. Individual should have a basic understanding of survey practices and be able to work as a member of the survey team.
- Sets up survey instruments and data collector
- Utilizes proper survey procedures to data collect survey information and to perform stakeout of survey points
- Maintains and adjusts survey equipment, including keeping batteries and radios charged.
- Maintains field truck, truck inventory and stocking of field supplies
- Provides survey and mathematical support to Party Chief
- Prepares truck and equipment for daily work assignment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 0-3 years of experience in the surveying field.
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with employees and managers.
- Positive attitude and professional bearing.
- Organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and develop personally and professionally.
- Must be service oriented and be excited to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under and respond to stressful situations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple survey tasks.
Why Join AMT?
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that boasts unrivaled opportunities for growth, engages and improves communities across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions, and delivers impactful projects, we would love to hear from you. Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers ESOP, an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.