Who We Are
AMT is growing! We are a 100% employee-owned civil engineering firm with a track record of more than 60 years of excellence. AMT’s current staff of over 450 employees offers far-reaching expertise and a commitment to delivering successful projects to our clients in the Mid-Atlantic, including the D.C. Metro area. We pride ourselves on the partnerships we build with our clients to improve our region.
Our Washington, D.C. office is located just three blocks from the U.S. Capitol and half-block from the Metro, Union Station, and the Metropolitan Branch Bike Trail. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with a driven team of motivated and experienced colleagues who share a passion for D.C. urban development and love to celebrate all that the region has to offer. AMT, LLC strives to provide a positive office environment where staff are engaged and challenged; our offerings range from company-sponsored breakfasts every Friday to opportunities to participate in training events and social events. That’s why our firm has earned the honor of being voted one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces of 2018.
AMT, LLC has earned national recognition for our civil and transportation engineering, land development, and surveying success on the acclaimed Wharf Project located on the D.C. Waterfront. Our team is thriving in the nation’s capital and eager to add another dedicated member.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Civil Project Engineer will have primary experience in the District of Columbia and/or Suburban Maryland.
- Assisting the project manager and supporting engineering staff in the preparation of construction documents, design of site and infrastructure improvements including grading, dry and wet utilities, erosion control, and storm water management
- Preparation of calculations and reports that support design
- Processing construction documents through the regulatory agencies in the District of Columbia
- Construction administration duties as assigned
- 4-10 years of experience in the planning and civil engineering design of mixed use, residential, commercial, institutional, and public site development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- PE preferred
- Ability to prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Ability to assist with the preparation of engineering studies and reports
- Technical proficiency in using AutoCAD including Civil 3D and/or Microstation
Why Join AMT?
Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers employee ownership, an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that boasts unrivaled opportunities for growth, engages and improves communities across the region, provides open and collaborative environments, and delivers challenging projects, we would love to hear from you.