A. Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. (AMT) is seeking a Project Engineer in our Virginia Beach office. The ideal candidate will have mid-level experience across various fields of civil engineering with experience developing roadway plans, site plans, writing reports, developing cost estimates, researching project constraints, performing engineering calculations, analyzing stormwater and developing construction documents. The successful candidate will also have experience working within Hampton Roads.
As a 100% employee-owned firm of approximately 500 employees, each one of our professionals has a stake in our business. With 65 years of distinguished service within the mid-Atlantic region, AMT has established itself as an Engineering News Record Top 220 Ranked Design Firm and has been honored by ZweigGroup, the Richmond Times, and the Washington Post as a Best Firm to Work For as well as a Baltimore Top Workplace.
As an active, socially responsible and tight-knit community, we are looking for top talent to join us in our Virginia Beach office. Our local and corporate teams are focused on partnering with the proper mentors and training opportunities to reach your goals and provide opportunities for career advancement.
- EIT required, Virginia P.E. preferred
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3-10 years’ experience in the design engineering field
- Proficiency with MicroStation, Geopak and Open Roads is highly desired
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- EPA SWMM (desirable)
- Understanding of environmental permitting requirements, site plan requirements, stormwater regulations
- Working knowledge of VDOT standards
AMT offers employee ownership, competitive salary, exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible working conditions, educational assistance, in-house training programs, and more.