DescriptionEarth Systems provides a wide variety of services including geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout California.
Earth Systems has an opening for a Construction Special Inspector in our Fremont office.
Qualifications:Must have any one or any combination of the following certifications
- ICC Certified Special Inspectors for Reinforced Concrete
- ICC Certified Special Inspectors for Structural Masonry
- ICC Certified Special Inspectors for Fireproofing
- ICC Certified Special Inspectors for Pre-stressed Concrete
- AWS CWI Certified Welding Inspectors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fieldwork and observation related to concrete and masonry construction operations.
- Sampling, field testing, and special inspection of concrete and masonry, as well as related components such as reinforcing steel, epoxy bolts and anchors, etc.
- Prepare special inspection reports which include daily field reports and formal reports in accordance with Earth Systems’ report protocols and procedures.
- Nuclear testing gauge, ACI, ICC, DSA, and AWS certifications preferred.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned as needed
- Prior past experience working in Geotechnical environment a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft programs.
- Math, analytical, and writing skills are required and must be willing to “learn by doing.”
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Hours may vary week to week. Part-time and Full-time positions available. Prevailing Wage opportunities.
Employment conditioned upon the satisfactory review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug and alcohol screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position. We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
Earth Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.