Staff Geotechnical Engineer
Wichita, Topeka, or Shawnee (Kansas City), Kansas and/or Grand Island, Nebraska
GSI is seeking experienced candidates for a full-time Staff Geotechnical Engineer in our Wichita, Topeka, or Shawnee (Kansas City), Kansas and/or Grand Island, Nebraska office. The successful candidate must be skilled in both written and oral communication and have strong technical and interpersonal skills. Must be self-motivated, innovative, and able to work successfully with staff at all levels. Responsibilities Include:Technical:Assist a licensed engineer with multiple types of geotechnical and construction materials testing (CMT) projects, including field work for both geotechnical explorations and CMT projects, analysis of data, and preparation of reports.
- Perform subsurface logging, in-situ testing, and soil sampling during soil borings.
- Coordinate field activities with office staff and ensure safe and quality execution.
- Prepare field notes and appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate, implement and deliver geotechnical and construction testing projects.
- Prepare geotechnical reports to include subsurface logs, geologic profiles, location plans, site maps, and engineering recommendations.
- Perform laboratory and field testing as needed in support of engineering projects.
- BS or MS degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
- Fundamentals of Engineering certification (I.E.), or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred, but not required: design of shallow foundation systems, deep foundation systems (driven piles, augured cast-in-place piles, drilled shafts), ground improvement techniques, slope stability analysis and the use of geotextiles.
Occasional overnight travel is required. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. GSI offers a competitive benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan plus guaranteed match, Section 125 cafeteria plan, and paid holidays/paid time off. Please apply online at www.gsinetwork.com.