SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOAre you ready for the next step in your geotechnical consulting career?
Do you have strong project management skills? Do you possess a strong entrepreneurial spirt? Do you have the desire to lead and mentor a growing geotechnical group?Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. Haley & Aldrich are geotechnical leaders in Boston, the east coast and the mid-west since 1957 and have been actively serving Bay Area clients with environmental and geotechnical needs for the past 10 years. We keep winning geotechnical work and need an experienced geotechnical engineer to not only to manage existing projects but someone who can broaden our capabilities and client base. We are seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Project Manager or Project Manager to serve our Building & Infrastructure business unit and clients. This position could be based out of our Walnut Creek, Oakland, or San Jose, CA office locations.We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESThe successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key member of the "core" geotechnical team to provide long-term strategic thinking for a highly-integrated, collaborative, and mutually-motivated client/consultant team to safely and efficiently achieve site closures.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team supporting a wide variety of clients with numerous challenging projects.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings
- Have advanced knowledge of the California seismic landscape and proven skills of developing hazard mitigation measures required.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Develop a working understanding of H&A’s other consulting practice areas and actively support marketing other, additional services to existing clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with specific course-work in geotechnical engineering; Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer preferred.
- Ability to obtain California registration within 6 months required
- 10+ years of relevant site investigation, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience
- Proven client relationships supported by repeat business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client
- Ability to comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company
About Haley & Aldrich Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions. Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.