SUMMARY/COMPANY INFO Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we are seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to implement remedial technology evaluation, design, and construction phases on projects. We look for creative professionals to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary project teams. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with high attention to detail and must be capable of working with minimal direction to solve problems and create technically accurate remediation-phase reports and design documents. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firm. This is a full-time position and will be based out of our Boston, MA office.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESThe successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams and nationwide company offices and client/project locations.
- Assist project teams in developing and executing technical approaches to problem-solving, specifically as related to preparing design-phase documents, obtaining project permits, and implementing remedial construction.
- Prepare proposals, project technical reports/deliverables, and regulatory compliance submissions.
- Manage and develop remedial alternatives assessments and cost analyses, remedial action work plans, and construction cost estimates under specific states’ regulatory programs.
- Manage and implement pilot tests, pre-design investigations, design-phase documents, permitting, and remedial construction.
- Administer construction-phase engineering support including submittals review, contractor pay requisitions, change order requests and requests for information.
- Perform construction field inspection activities.
- Understand client needs and build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- Coordinate with client representatives, and regulatory and external stakeholders.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental or geotechnical engineering. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience including preparation of design plans and technical specifications for remediation of contaminated sites, including earthwork, contaminated soil management, and site/civil/hydrology aspects of remedial construction projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration required. Professional registration in multiple states, or the ability to apply for reciprocity, strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to technical details.
- Permitting experience for remedial alternatives selection, remedial design, and remedial construction.
- Experience in selecting remedial technologies and implementing remedial designs including field engineering and construction inspection. Design/build or self-perform experience a plus.
- Project management experience on remedial design projects a plus.
- Experience with the investigation and remediation of former manufactured gas plan sites a plus.
- Computer skills – Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. AutoCAD experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing, reviewing and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training and refresher updates, and strong commitment to safety.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to support clients, projects, and project team collaboration.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.