SUMMARY/COMPANY INFO Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with strong technical skills to work with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in the transportation and water/wastewater infrastructure, government buildings, developers, and institutions market sectors. We offer engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental services projects in a dynamic environment and for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position will be located in our Portland, ME or Manchester, NH office. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESThe successful candidate will:
- Partner with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with project teams.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of geotechnical field investigation programs, including subsurface explorations and laboratory testing.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, and/or geological data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct geotechnical and rock engineering analyses and evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Assist in the development of geotechnical design recommendations.
- Prepare written reports, memoranda, daily/weekly field reports and specifications.
- Contribute to development of proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to junior staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering; Master's preferred
- 5+ years of related geotechnical engineering experience
- Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work with project teams spread across many geographies
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software and industry standard geotechnical software
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs
- Experience with bridge, highway, and railroad transportation infrastructure projects, mid-and high-rise buildings, deep excavations, temporary/permanent earth support, underpinning, earthwork, dewatering, settlement and slope stability, rock slope evaluation and design, retaining wall design, and ground improvement techniques
- Ability to travel out of town for temporary work assignments
- Must possess a valid driver's license
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.