Senior Highway Engineer
Job Category:EngineeringRequisition Code:2020-ORL-034Location:Orlando, FLFT / PT / TempFull TimeHours Per Week40 hours
Summary:GAI Consultants is seeking a 10+ year Senior Highway Engineer with a Bachelors Degree in civil engineering. A PE certification is required. This position will report out of our Orlando, FL office. Applicants would be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing highway design efforts as well as preparing construction plans, right-of-way plans, specifications, and project estimates. Bring your talent to a range of stimulating projects alongside supportive and accomplished teammates—advance your career, fulfill your professional aspirations, and express your entrepreneurial spirit as an essential contributor to an established and growing employee-owned company.
Sound like a fit? We’d love the opportunity to get to know you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing skills in specific practice area; applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Collecting data and gathering information or documents; performing standard computations or analysis.
- Checking/back checking drawings and computations; preparing visual aids; observing consulting activities.
- Performing both field and office activities.
- Reviewing tables and reports and assisting with all levels of report writing for various engineering activities.
- Performing basic design tasks, preparing permit applications, and assisting with drawing preparation and CAD work.
- Working well in a team environment with other engineering professionals.
- Coordinating work with CAD staff under the supervision of task managers and senior staff.
- Developing highway engineering horizontal and vertical geometry designs through CAD software (MicroStation, Inroads, and Geopak) using FDOT procedures, FDOT standard plans, the AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, and applicable state/county/local government guidance documents.
- Preparing deliverables in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, client contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited Engineering college or university program required. Professional Engineering (PE) License required.
- 10+ years of experience in highway engineering (horizontal and vertical geometry).
- The ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects or tasks is required.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to: interact with other staff, clients, and Project Managers & various Department Managerial Staff.
- Must know (through coursework or experience): AASHTO Green Book, Roadside Design Guide, Microstation, and Geopak.