NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. NV5 in Nevada City, California is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to manage the Nevada City geotechnical engineering group, including management of engineering design projects, construction materials testing projects, and NV5 geotechnical staff. The position includes planning and supervising of work requiring judgment and independent evaluation in the selection and execution of geotechnical engineering design. A senior level engineer acts as a resource and specialist in the application of advanced engineering theories, concepts, and principles in their discipline. The Senior Engineer works with minimal supervision under the Location Manager.
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and directs large and small projects with complex features.
- Supervises professional and technical staff in the Nevada City geotechnical group
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of other professionals and other technical or administrative personnel who assist in specific assignments. Serves as a staff advisor and technical consultant.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments that require the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Develops and reviews of proposals and reports.
- Attracts and develops clients; maintains a close relationship with clients throughout and beyond the project term.
- Assists in establishing policies and technical procedures, and assists in developing new markets in professional services.
- Professional registration (PE) required. GE, PG, and CEG desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering. Master’s degree desirable.
- Minimum ten years experience as a registered engineer in responsible charge.
- Ability to design and prepare construction plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry standards for the types of projects performed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and appropriate application of testing methodologies and related equipment.
- Competent report writing, language usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Must have valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials up to 50 pounds.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, and frequent use of telephone and keyboard to communicate.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. IND - High