Location: Lenexa, KS, USRequisition ID: 99559 Job Level: Senior Level Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time Position OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Ground Improvement) in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Lenexa, KS. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Ground Improvement) will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.LocationThis position is based out of our office in Lenexa, KS and includes travel to project office.Responsibilities
- Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to ground improvement challenges.
- Working with the pursuit team to help identify key design and construction risks and develop plans to mitigate these risks.
- Working on design-build projects as the Geotech nical Engineer-of-Record responsible for developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables for ground improvement and specialty foundations.
- Supporting efforts to capture and spread lessons learned throughout Kiewit Construction Districts.
- Training and developing staff engineers.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive, relevant ground improvement and geotechnical engineering experience, 15+ preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S. and/or Canada, required• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering and ground improvement techniques.
- Ground improvement experience including design and oversight of: rigid inclusions, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, micropiles, deep dynamic compaction, design of working pad and load transfer platforms.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including: 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional Finite Element (FE) modeling, strong understanding of SPT and CPT testing methodology, and conventional load testing.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst a team.
- Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
- Design-Build experience, preferred.
#LI-MD1We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.