Location: Englewood, CO, USRequisition ID: 106703 Job Level: Internship Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time Temporary Position OverviewOur Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new project pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, and materials disciplines.Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company has an opening for a Civil/Drainage Engineer Intern for the summer of 2021. This Intern position provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position.District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success. LocationOne of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Responsibilities• Develop Water resources/drainage design concepts using AutoCAD
• Develop presentation exhibits using AutoCAD
• Investigate alternate intersection/interchange conceptsQualifications• Must be pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree with a focus on hydraulics or hydrology courses
• Must have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Coursework in transportation, and AutoCAD software
• Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which the intern is assignedWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.