Location: Englewood, CO, USRequisition ID: 106648 Job Level: Entry Level Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time Position OverviewKiewit is seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to work on engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the United States and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will include performing both permanent and temporary geotechnical engineering in support of a variety of Transportation, Power, Industrial, Oil, Gas & Chemical, Water, Tunneling, and Mining projects. A strong academic background, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered essential for this position.As an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer, you will work on interdisciplinary teams that include structural, civil, drainage, mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers, as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals, to perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design. You will be involved in planning and executing field investigation programs, performing geotechnical engineering analyses, and producing construction documents and engineering reports. This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic field assignments.District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.LocationLocations: Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; Lenexa, KSResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge under the direction of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase; working with team members to complete engineering analyses in support of innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
• Working on design-build and EPC projects, including developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables.
• Performing and overseeing subsurface investigations, field testing, and construction oversight.
• Producing engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages.Qualifications• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field- highly preferred.
• 0- 3 years of post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience.
• Passed the FE/EIT examination in the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction.
• Experience in any of the following aspects of geotechnical engineering is desired but not required: design of deep or shallow foundations, slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, dewatering, pile driving analysis, heavy equipment and crane working surface design, subsurface exploration, laboratory testing programs, and on-site engineering support.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
• Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.Working ConditionsWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
There’s no limit to what you’ll work on at Kiewit. With contracts in different markets and geographic areas, you’ll tackle new challenges all the time. Whether you’re building a facility that can turn water into power or engineering safer infrastructure networks, you’re bound to push the limits of innovation in new and exciting ways.With Kiewit, you’ll have the potential to work on a variety of projects in seven major markets. From railroads to tunnels, renewable energy to biofuels, you’ll be part of a mission that’s bigger than you can imagine. Here, you’ll team up with market experts and gain cross-functional experience — all while helping people across the globe live better.Apply now »