HBK Engineering is searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, preferably with experience in the utility industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.Description:
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis, and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Coach, mentor, and lead team members.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Perform and manage diversified tasks through the life cycle of projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, calculations, technical drawings, schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Apply engineering theories, techniques, and analysis to structural and geotechnical engineering designs.
- Work on shallow and deep foundations; temporary deep shaft and trench excavation earth retention, permanent retaining wall.
- Perform calculations and prepare sketches and/or AutoCAD drawings for design operations.
- Conduct Structural and Geotechnical subsurface investigations, field investigations and engineering analysis.
- Conceptualize and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Development and monitoring of project execution plans to reconcile scope, financials and schedule constraints and ensure project success.
- Manage the deliverables through positive client relationships and make recommendations based on their professional education and experience.
- Understand and ensure all contracts and payment terms, proposals, schedules, and budgets are adhered to and agreed upon prior to deliverable completion.
- Travel required as needed
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Licensed Structural Engineer registration in the State of Illinois preferred.
- Field and design experience in Earth and rock engineering, de-watering operations, Slope stability and earth stabilization operations, and Earth and rock tunneling
- 7+ years combined experience in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry design codes including AISC, ASCE, and IBC required.
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, temporary construction systems, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and groundwater hydrology required.
- Ability to travel on occasion, on an as needed basis required.
- Valued skills and experiences:
- M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural / Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Consulting background preferred.
- Proven project management experience to include the financials of maintaining projects on budget and aligned with goals.
- Experience with leading teams.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.