GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the technical execution of real estate development, energy, and infrastructure projects. The successful candidate must have a solid educational background, be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and have a professional attitude.
As a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer, you will work on a fast-paced team of Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn expect you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
Between field work assignments, you will work in a professional office setting, preparing detailed and accurate field documentation, data analysis and reporting.
- Planning subsurface explorations, including appropriate subsurface testing and investigation of soil and bedrock in connection with foundation design & construction projects
- Performing field tasks such as test boring and test pit inspection, in-situ testing, and construction observation
- Working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Evaluating field data and performing engineering analyses/calculations
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications, and other technical documents
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members
Typical Duties May Include:
- Conducting in-situ and foundation tests and subsurface investigation of soil and groundwater in connection with building and infrastructure projects
- Monitoring and documenting geotechnical aspects of construction projects
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations
- Performing engineering computations and analysis of subsurface data
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications, and related bid documents
- Developing construction plans
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
- Performing geotechnical computer modeling. Experience with geotechnical engineering programs including SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, L-pile and Plaxis is preferred
- Out-of-town travel may be expected – candidate must have the ability to travel locally and regionally and must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- BS Degree in Civil, Geological, or Geotechnical Engineering (MS Degree preferred)
- BS with 2+ years of relevant work experience or MS with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience are preferred
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities as required by clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, waterfront, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.Department: Geotechnical
Visit Careers at GZA