GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking Geotechnical and Senior Geotechnical Engineers with solid technical skills and project management abilities to join our geotechnical team in our Norwood, Massachusetts office and be part of our vibrant practice on transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will represent the Company with the client through proposal, contract, and project performance phases and be responsible for the day to day execution of technical and financial aspects of projects.
- Internal and external client/contractor communications
- Managing project teams, delegating to office and field staff and executing day to day activities of projects.
- Monitoring project performance for compliance with contractual requirements and budgets.
- Overseeing and execution of technical design deliverables in accordance with applicable QA/QC guidelines.
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing geotechnical deliverables with Principal guidance and review.
- Participating in staff training and staff reviews.
- Managing project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, invoicing, and accounts receivable).
- Providing business development support of geotechnical core services.
Typical Duties May Include:
- Conducting/reviewing high-level geotechnical analyses, including deep and shallow foundation design calculations and finite element modeling, as needed, for bridges, buildings, energy structures, and other infrastructure facilities; design of ground improvement, deep excavation and underpinning systems, and design of subsurface exploration and geotechnical instrumentation programs.
- Preparation of geotechnical data and engineering reports.
- Developing geotechnical construction specifications.
- Preparing conceptual construction cost/quantity estimates.
- Managing and mentoring of staff-level and project-level engineers.
- Occasional out of town or overnight assignments may be required. Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to and from project sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required and Master’s degree with Geotechnical Engineering specialization preferred (5-10 years of relevant experience since college graduation; experience and skills will determine if the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager position is appropriate).
- Solid technical skills.
- Established computer skills using MS Office and geotechnical engineering software (experience with programs such as SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, L-pile and Plaxis is preferred).
- Ability to train others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience with financial and schedule project management.
- Demonstrated delegation, leadership, and team building skills.
- Experience with design of deep and shallow foundations for buildings, retaining walls and other structures.
- Experience in the execution and successful management of multiple office and field tasks.
- Senior Project Manager: P.E. required; Massachusetts P.E. preferred.
- Project Manager: P.E. preferred.
About GZA and the Opportunities:
- Become part of a growth-oriented firm; established in 1964.
- 50+ year track record of providing underground engineering excellence for foundations, tunnels, dams, buried utilities, marine facilities, highways, railroads, site development and temporary underground structures.
- Dedicated practice for providing outstanding services to both public and private clients.
- Position based at GZA’s Norwood MA Corporate Headquarters.
- Hotdesk access to other GZA offices, including downtown Boston.
- Leadership training and mentoring for advancement.
- Professional development and enrichment.
- Exciting, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
- Technical training.
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan.
- Professional society involvement encouraged and sponsored.
- Longstanding commitment to technical excellence and client relationships.
- Ownership opportunity within a privately-owned company.
- Eligible for annual performance bonus.
- Financial and travel opportunity for technical paper publication or presentation.
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative solutions to engineering challenges for a diverse client base in the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. GZA understands and prioritizes safety, proactive client service, risk management, and loss prevention. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.Department: Geotechnical
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at GZA