The Mott MacDonald Westwood, MA office is currently looking to hire a geotechnical engineer to work in our Boston area geotechnical / tunnels group. The selected candidate will have a background in, and passion for geotechnical engineering. Your new position will entail the following responsibilities:
- Performing design calculations and authoring technical reports documents and specifications for a variety of large and small projects.
- Evaluation of field information to perform engineering analysis and calculations
- Design, implementation, coordination and oversight of large and small field investigations and laboratory programs for a wide range of project types.
- Oversight of field work including logging of borings and rock cores, in-situ testing and data recording and interpretation
- Effective communication with senior staff, subcontractors, and clients
- Preparing and coordinating data from laboratory and field testing.
- Working within our project teams to plan and execute subsurface exploration programs, preparation of data and design recommendations and review of designs.
Oversight of geotechnical construction works including trenchless installations, foundations and tunnels
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- B.S. degree in civil or geotechnical engineering, master’s or PhD preferred
- EIT or FE required, PE preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of experience, preferably in Geotechnical/Tunnel Engineering. Geology coursework or experience beneficial
- Experience with field and laboratory testing
- Experience in design of foundations, retaining walls, HDDs or tunnels.
- Experience with gINT, slope stability, shallow and deep foundations, and retaining wall design software
- Familiarity with USCS, Burmister and AASHTO soil classification systems and familiarity with rock core logging systems
- Seismic and Finite element design experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel, sometimes for extended periods of time
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.