Mott MacDonald is actively growing its dams and levees practice in North America. We are currently seeking a dams project manager and practice leader for our East USA region. This position will be based in Iselin, NJ, but we will also consider candidates in other Mott MacDonald east locations. You will be tasked with supporting opportunities and project execution of dam related projects in our water and energy sectors. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to collaborate with our water resources, geotechnical, energy and structural professionals on dam and levee-related projects. The qualified candidate must have strong leadership and project management experience and direct business development experience during their career, with the ability to generate project leads, build client relationships and win work and oversee project execution.
This position requires direct interaction with clients and the ability to manage and mentor Mott MacDonald professionals. The role will require management of design teams comprising Mott MacDonald’s supporting technical disciplines including water resources, geotechnical, environmental, risk management, structural and permitting services; and, specialty sub-consultants.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Client contact, business development, identifying and generating project opportunities.
- Executing project management duties including managing and tracking budgets, invoicing, assessing staffing requirements.
- Preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Providing leadership/mentoring to technical staff.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with team members, clients, and contractors.
- Management of projects that include:
- Dam and/or levee safety inspections including structures within the purview of the National Dam Safety Act and FERC regulations,
- Geotechnical investigations including test borings, instrumentation and testing,
- Data analysis, organization, and interpretation in support of dam/levee design, inspection, evaluation and rehabilitation projects,
- Geotechnical calculations including seepage and slope stability analyses, toe drain and filter designs, gravity dam stability analyses,
- Structural investigations and condition assessments,
- Hydraulic and water impoundment and flood routing analysis and spillway modelling and design,
- Preparation of written reports and permit applications, including National Dam Safety Act and FERC permit applications,
- Preparation of construction documents, plans and technical specifications, and
- Preparation of project schedules, quantity estimates and opinions of cost
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Professional Engineer licensed in NY or NJ is preferred with the ability to obtain a professional engineering licenses in other states, as required.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 20 years of experience directly related to the performance/management of the tasks described above. Ability to manage and guide project teams is required.
- Direct experience completing projects with federal (USACE, USBR, FERC), state or infrastructure clients is highly preferred.
- Expertise with FERC and/or USACE regulations a plus.
- Proven experience with the development of technical work products including but not limited to design and inspection reports, permit applications and construction documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to speak publicly.
- Solid project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency are all required competencies.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers.
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
- A strong background working on projects for the United States Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.