Our Iselin, NJ head office is looking to hire an engineering geologist to work in a rapidly growing and dynamic geotechnical team within the Built Environment Group.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Performing field engineering geological evaluations, including hazard mapping, slope stability review, rock discontinuity orientation measurements, slope instrumentation measurements.
- Performing detailed site desk study research through review of geological maps, mining records, construction drawings and other resources;
- Oversee borehole drilling operations and log borehole soil conditions and rock core.
- Creation of maps, drawings, logs, statistical data sets and 3D digital ground models;
- Slope stability analysis & Hydrogeological flow analysis;
- Involvement in geohazard remediation design including slope stabilization, karst remediation and mining subsidence remediation.
- Projects will include a wide range of industry sectors including; tunnels, offshore wind, pipelines, energy, coastal resiliency, highway, structural, municipal and more.
- BS in Geological Engineering or a relevant geoscience required.
- 3 to 6 years of experience with a geotechnical or engineering geological discipline
- Familiarity with geotechnical software such as: ArcGIS, gINT, Slope/W, RocScience suite, AutoCAD, is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience writing technical reports and writing for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform technical work in varying climatic conditions.
- Position to be based in the NJ head office, with willingness to travel countrywide for project needs.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.