Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, technology consulting, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931, our 700+ professionals work across 21 U.S. offices and five international locations.
Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for the right individual to join our fast growing Transportation Engineering Services Group in the Houston, TX office in the role of Designer. In this position, the Designer will work with a team of engineers for the pursuit, design and production of various transportation and civil engineering projects, including the following responsibilities:
- Perform cost estimates and/or miscellaneous data research.
- Prepare drawings, layouts, and other engineering drafting.
- Assist in developing plans, specifications, and reports.
- Assist in collecting data and research utility records.
- Help in design, production, and miscellaneous organizational work.
Great client service capability is a must. Technical specialization and proactivity are pluses.
- Related Associates degree or Civil Engineering Technology degree preferred
- Minimum five years of education and/or experience in DOT projects
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation, Open Roads Designer and Geopak software.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD / Civil 3D, a plus.
- Knowledge of State and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures a plus.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.