We’re Hiring!We have openings available for Intermediate Level Engineers in the Civil, Geological, and Geotechnical areas.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- We have been recognized for having an exceptional workplace for our employees and have again been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers for 2019.
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:The Intermediate Level Engineer, under guidance from a Senior Engineer, directs and reviews the integration of technical activities and products related to design and engineering work in the office and on site. Work activities may include preparing detailed proposals and schedules, planning and participating in site investigations, completing geotechnical and/or civil engineering analysis and design, preparing technical specifications and bid packages, overseeing construction projects, coordinating technical work within several disciplines and groups, and writing technical reports. Current active projects that the successful candidate could be involved with include water retaining dams, tailings dams, pipelines, mine infrastructure and hydropower facilities.An Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience related to mining, hydropower and/or infrastructure project development with a strong background in geotechnical analysis
- Proven experience and ability for project/client management
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated capability to work cooperatively within multidisciplinary teams
Work Environment: Work will be in both an office and field environment with domestic and international travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. To Apply: Please send your cover letter and résumé to our Human Resources Manager, Sandy Sun at email@example.com. Please include your earliest start date on your cover letter.