As a Staff Geologist/Hydrogeologist, you will be responsible for many field-related aspects of our environmental projects. You will be conducting geophysical surveys, collecting environmental samples from various media (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air), and conducting site exploration and geologic logging using a variety of drilling techniques. You will be involved in well installation monitoring, as well as remediation-system pilot testing, installation, and operation and maintenance. You will be responsible for documenting field conditions, writing field reports, analyzing/interpreting data, and preparing technical reports. This position is based in Springfield, but as part of a larger environmental team, you will provide support to other GeoEngineers’ office locations as needed.
- BS in Geology or Hydrogeology required. MS strongly preferred
- 1+ years of related experience preferred, but not required
- Strong field orientation and proven problem-solving skills required.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license required
- Completion of 40 hour OSHA training preferred
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.