Geocomp, a world-leader in Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring, is seeking a motivated full time Staff Engineer to join our growing team of highly skilled consultants, engineers and technicians in Atlanta, Georgia. Geocomp’s strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.The successful candidate will work closely within The Geocomp team to help our clients manage risk to infrastructure during construction of some of the largest and most challenging civil works projects in the nation. Fieldwork will involve working on construction sites installing geotechnical instrumentation, data acquisition, communications, and performance monitoring systems using the latest real-time instrumentation and monitoring technologies. Office work will include reporting, preparing project submittals, work plans, and details, as well as the use of G.I.S, CADD, and computer programming skills to set up and maintain data management/monitoring websites.
Job QualificationsThe ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering is required, E.I.T. preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to Interact with client representatives
- Construction site field experience documenting activities associated with various earthwork projects
- Experience with geotechnical drill rig supervision and soil classification
- Experience performing pre/post-construction structural condition surveys
- Land survey knowledge and proficiency using G.I.S and CADD
- Experience with radio and cellular communication systems
- Microsoft Office experience
- Basic wiring, soldering, electrical assembly, cable preparation, splicing, and routing skills
- Basic fabrication skills and experience using concrete, hand, and power tools
- Basic electrical and electronics knowledge and experience with low voltage DC systems
- Basic computer programming and data management skills
- Ability to travel locally and non-locally for weeks or months at a time
- Willingness to actively participate in local consulting/engineering industry associations
- Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
- Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant