Geocomp, a world-leader in Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring, is seeking a motivated full time Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager - Geo-Structural Instrumentation to join our growing team of highly skilled consultants, engineers and technicians in Atlanta, Georgia. Geocomp’s strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth. The successful candidate will work closely within The Geocomp team to help our clients manage risk to infrastructure during construction of some of the largest and most challenging infrastructure projects in the nation. This position will involve active management of geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects, as well as providing technical oversight and hands-on support of field installations for geo/structural instrumentation and monitoring systems. Duties will also include support of business development activities such as building and maintaining client relationships, identifying and vetting opportunities, performing takeoffs, and preparing budgets for instrumentation and monitoring projects. The candidate should have a background in geotechnical, civil, or structural engineering with relevant experience in sensor technology, monitoring and data collection systems. The ideal candidate will have experience demonstrated by past performance using G.I.S, computer programming and data management skills.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in civil/geotechnical engineering or related field
- Project Manager with at least three years of relevant PM experience in similar industry
- Strong understanding of Technical requirements needed to complete projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to develop a supportive team culture
- Proven understanding and implementation of health and safety concepts
- Experience with quality assurance procedures
- Valid driver’s license with ability to keep good driving record
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to actively participate in local consulting/engineering industry associations
Preferred Job Qualifications
- E.I.T. or P.E. preferred
- Experience writing proposals, bids and summaries and reports
- Solid network and knowledge of construction industry contacts
- Experience managing budgets
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, primarily in the Southeast
Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
- Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant