Create an account to let us notify you of jobs like this one
DescriptionWe are currently seeking an experienced civil/environmental engineer for a full-time solid waste engineering position in our Camp Hill, PA office.
Duties primarily include:
- Engineering related to solid waste management facilities and systems, as well as some general civil and environmental engineering.
- Technical duties include project management and oversight of all aspects of landfills including double composite liner systems, leachate conveyance and storage facilities, stormwater conveyance and storage facilities, landfill gas collection and treatment systems, on-site roadways, and ancillary buildings and structures.
- Development of permit application documents, contract drawings, specifications, and cost/quantity estimates for landfills, transfer stations, landfill gas to energy facilities, and recycling facilities.
- Preparation of engineering design reports, feasibility studies and solid waste management plans.
- Verification of construction projects for compliance with plans and specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience in the permitting and design of solid waste management facilities and systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or the ability to obtain is preferred and experience in the consulting engineering field is desired.
- Candidates should be proficient in technical writing, possess solid marketing and communication skills, be able to interact effectively with staff and clients, and have experience in the preparation and presentation of proposals. Candidates will be responsible for managing and/or providing technical assistance to continually advance projects within scope, budget and schedule for all phases of solid waste management projects.