LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
Job OverviewWe are currently seeking a Civil Engineering Sector Leader for our Birmingham, Alabama office. This position is available to an experienced engineer or a project manager with the drive and desire to make an impact in the Birmingham Community. The Sector Leader will be responsible for business development, management, planning, scheduling, and design. The Sector Leader will provide leadership, mentorship, and design assistance to engineering staff for all civil engineering related projects. Responsibilities
- Assist with business development in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Monitor utilization, growth and training of staff.
- Engage in public outreach, marketing and client communication.
- Manage preliminary and final design and construction phase services for multiple projects.
- Complete civil, site, and/or municipal engineering, research, report preparation, and technical specifications.
- Responsible for design, specification plans, maps, project schedule, and budgets.
- Review for quality assurance and control, and ensure compliance with LaBella’s quality standards.
- Responsible for contracts, scope of services, budgets and schedules.
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the civil engineering field.
- Licensed professional engineer.
- Experience with AutoCAD and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Possess a high capacity for self-motivation and be able to apply engineering knowledge to a high variety of projects.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and staff from various agencies.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.Company Perks
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.