WHO WE AREMichael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions. ENGINEERING PRACTICEConsistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure. DESCRIPTIONMichael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Engineer our Round Rock, TX office. The successful candidate will design construction plans for roadway projects from preliminary to final design.
- Be responsible for developing design plans, design variations and expectations, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Reviews and supervises work of engineers and technical support staff assigned to project
- Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional design bid-build projects and design build highway projects.
- Possess strong a verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation projects; as well as being goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Collaborate with the transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- 8+ years of civil design engineering experience
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering or Equivalent degree
- Professional Engineer license (PE) in Texas or ability to obtain within six months
- Experience with TXDOT on roadway projects is preferred.
- Experience with ProjectWise, P6, MicroStation, OpenRoads and Inroads software programs preferred
- TxDOT pre-certifications is a requirement or ability to become pre-certified in one or multiple categories
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENTMichael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.