We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients. Company : Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id : 15862 Job Title : Project Manager- Los Angeles, CA Location : RGLOSA Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS Opportunity Type : Staff Relocation eligible : No Full time/Part time : Full-Time Project Only Hire : No Visa Sponsorship Available: No Job SummaryBlack & Veatch is seeking to expand its water and wastewater market presence in the Southern California geography. Black & Veatch has been involved with this market for the past 35 years and is seeking a Project Manager to increase our presence and market share and support the growth of our professionals and overall business. This is an opportunity to take on a true leadership role with employee ownership in a global organization with trusted relationships and resources shared across the globe.Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water / waste water treatment picture, often helping clients realize more resiliency and overall long-term cost savings. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms. Key Responsibilities
- Manages medium to large engineering projects involving multiple clients or partners, or small EPC projects with minimal risk.
- Manages multiple Services clients or a small EPC project client.
- Obtains new/repeat business on medium to large size projects; supports contract negotiations with other client personnel.
- Manages risk which may include fixed price, new technology, non domestic markets or new clients.
Management ResponsibilitiesMinimum QualificationsBachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.Preferred Qualifications
- 15+ years business development and project management experience; wastewater and water technical engineering experience and background with an emphasis in wastewater is recommended;
- PE required; Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline;
- Master’s Degree desirable.
- Proven technical understanding of Wastewater and Water markets, including drivers and general trends.
- Strong sales traits, including tenacity, and competitiveness.
- Overall people skills, task oriented to focus on winning new business and achieving sales targets. Adept at work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inter-personal skills, presentations skills.
- Ability to interface with diverse personalities. Ability to think strategically and create persuasive message.
- Contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms. Expert ability to sell, strong negotiating and persuasive skills.
- Understanding of budgets and financial metrics. Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible to multiple demands of project teams and shifting priorities. Problem solving and leadership skills.
CertificationsNone specifiedWork Environment/Physical DemandsTypical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.CompetenciesBuilds networksCustomer focusDevelops talentDirects workDrives vision and purposeFinancial acumenManages complexityManages conflictTech savvyValues differencesBusiness insightNo core competencies specifiedNo technical competencies specifiedSalary PlanPMT: Project ManagementJob Grade003Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned. Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program. To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time. A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership. By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients. Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here. Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering