Arup is a global firm of designers, engineers, architects, planners, consultants and technical specialist with over 14,000 employees working in 88 offices across 33 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ 2,800 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness.
Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team in our Manila office. Deliver of high quality design work through knowledge and experience of the full range of projects elements. Responsibilities:
- Responsible in leading a team or two in design development and preparation of design calculations for varying projects. May individually handle small to medium scale projects from time to time.
- Assign projects to Lead Engineers maintaining constant monitoring of project status. Regularly updates Project Manager through the submission of projects progress reports.
- Provides technical direction and reviews drawings and calculations produced by teams.
- Ensure operation in accordance with local Quality Assurance procedures.
- Managing resources within defined budgets and Arup fee scales.
- Contributing to the development of good practice within discipline through involvement with skills networks.
- Liase with the Project Managers, relevant Skills Network and 3rd Parties (i.e Clients, Consultants and Contractors).
- Liase with relevant external parties to ensure understanding of the client's needs and project requirements.
- Licensed Civil Engineer; Post graduate studies is an advantage
- 10 years experience in similar capacity with extensive exposure on geotechnical design work covering, medium to high rise structures, industrial facilities & infrastructure as well as management of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Extensive knowledge of general analysis and design softwares.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Very good leadership and mentoring skills as well as effective practice of time and stress management
- Above average team orientation and very good client relation capabilities