Job DescriptionOur Cheyenne, WY office has a great opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for providing engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients, including both small- and large-scale commercial developments, industrial facilities, energy projects, and various buildings throughout southeastern Wyoming and the surrounding area. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of innovative exploration techniques.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development activities.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guideline. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safe practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Strong understanding of the geology in southeastern Wyoming
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering coupled with a Minimum 10+ years’ experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Preferred technical skills:
- Slope stability programs
#LI-SC1About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.