EXPERIENCED GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - KIEWIT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERS
Location: Englewood, CO, US Denver, CO, USRequisition ID: 97490 Job Level: Mid Level Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time Position OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Experienced Geotechnical Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group based in Denver, CO, US. The Experienced Geotechnical Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineers Design Engineering team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.LocationThis position is based out of our office in Englewood, CO and includes travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. Our teams travel and relocate based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:
• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
• Working with the pursuit team during the proposal/bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
• Working on EPC/design-build projects to develop design recommendations, produce design deliverables, and potentially serve as geotechnical lead or project manager.
• Training and developing staff engineers.Qualifications• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
• 5+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S., required.
• Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, and dewatering.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others.
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst a team.
• Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
• EPC or Design-Build experience, preferred.Other common names for this role:Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer, Ground Improvement Engineer, Geotech EngineerWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.