GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER- KIEWIT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Location: Englewood, CO, US Lenexa, KS, US Omaha, NE, USRequisition ID: 94039 Job Level: Entry Level Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time Position OverviewKiewit is seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to work on engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the United States and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will include performing both permanent and temporary geotechnical engineering in support of a variety of Transportation, Power, Industrial, Oil, Gas & Chemical, Water, Tunneling, and Mining projects. A strong academic background, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered essential for this position.As an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer, you will work on interdisciplinary teams that include structural, civil, drainage, mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers, as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals, to perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design. You will be involved in planning and executing field investigation programs, performing geotechnical engineering analyses, and producing construction documents and engineering reports. This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic field assignments.District OverviewKiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of our company that offers a variety of services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new project pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska, Washington State, and Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, and materials disciplines. Our engineering group is responsible for managing engineering assignments in support of Kiewit’s construction projects in both the United States and Canada. As part of the engineering group, you will have the opportunity to work with other structural and geotechnical engineers, members of our interdisciplinary engineering team, as well as estimators, schedules and construction experts to provide advice on construction methodology, risk and the design of temporary works. LocationLocations: Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; Lenexa, KSResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge under the direction of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase; working with team members to complete engineering analyses in support of innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
• Working on design-build and EPC projects, including developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables.
• Performing and overseeing subsurface investigations, field testing, and construction oversight.
• Producing engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages.Qualifications• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field- highly preferred.
• 0- 3 years of post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience.
• Passed the FE/EIT examination in the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction.
• Experience in any of the following aspects of geotechnical engineering is desired but not required: design of deep or shallow foundations, slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, dewatering, pile driving analysis, heavy equipment and crane working surface design, subsurface exploration, laboratory testing programs, and on-site engineering support.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
• Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.