Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions. Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer - 3 to 5 Years Experience in our Philadelphia, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects. You will assist with preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidate must be able to work effectively in the office and perform field inspections of geotechnical investigations and construction projects, if necessary. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required, Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred;
- 3+ years of related geotechnical experience;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 2 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection;
- Office experience with investigation coordination and assisting in geotechnical report writing;
- Experience with neighboring structure monitoring during construction a plus;
- Desired field experience in: driven and drilled pile construction, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, and excavation support system design and construction inspection;
- Experience in assisting project manager with field work coordination and project management support a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multi-tasking and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Fieldwork is required.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer