We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients. Company : Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id : 15902 Job Title : Sr. Geotechnical Engineer - Water Business - Walnut Creek, CA Location : RGWALNUT Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS Opportunity Type : Staff Relocation eligible : Yes Full time/Part time : Full-Time Project Only Hire : No Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes Job SummaryBlack & Veatch has an exciting opportunity within our Water Heavy Civil Practice! We are looking for a talented Sr. Geotechnical Engineer in Northern California.This position will provide engineering and construction related planning, design, analysis, oversight and studies for domestic and international geotechnical and Heavy Civil projects. Functions as technical specialist supporting project and pursuit teams on Heavy Civil projects. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity and is responsible for execution of assigned projects. Key Responsibilities
- Support geotechnical and Heavy Civil Business Line projects including Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, and Hydro Practice Pursuits
- Performs site visits of on-going construction work and overseeing geotechnical field investigations, may require up to 30% field work.
- Prepares design materials for basic design assignments.
- Reviews manufacturer's drawings with respect to B&V design criteria; marks for conformance.
- Prepares design sketches for drafting and incorporation into design criteria.
- Develops preliminary layouts and other plans.
- Coordinates, as assigned, design with other personnel working on same project to minimize design conflicts.
- Performs special studies or analyses of specific portions of a project; study includes research, investigation or coordination.
- Coordinates with personnel in other departments, project managers and client personnel to review designs and resolve areas of concern.
- Supervises the engineering work of assigned Drafters, Designers, and subordinate Engineers. This includes work assignments, scheduling and review.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for an assigned portion of a major project or the total project of moderate scope.
- Develops alternate methods, techniques or design concepts as required to resolve unique design problems.
Management ResponsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications
- 15+ years of experince
- Previous experience in supporting heavy civil projects with an emphasis in Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, and/or Hydro projects
- Previous experience in a client facing role
Minimum QualificationsRequires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.CertificationsG.E. - California Work Environment/Physical DemandsTypical office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffoldCompetenciesCollaboratesCommunicates effectivelyCourageDirects workInstills trustInterpersonal savvyOrganizational savvyCustomer focusDecision qualitySalary PlanENG: EngineeringJob Grade132Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned. Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program. To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time. A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership. By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients. Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here. Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering