DescriptionThe Roll-Off Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. This individual will run commercial and residential routes to mechanically collect construction debris and transport to the landfills for proper disposal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily pre-and post-trip inspections. Complete and submit vehicle condition reports at the end of the shift.
- Drive a roll-off truck along designated commercial and residential routes to mechanically collect construction debris and take it to the landfill for disposal.
- Clean loose trash off of truck and/or ground around truck and container that spills during dumping process to maintain clean customer site and safety along roads and highways.
- Clean waste debris from the truck body on each landfill run, this ensures that equipment operation will continue safely and productively.
- Courteously interact with customers and/or the general public along the route to answer questions or respond to requests. Notify supervisor of any issues requiring management action.
- Maintain and submit DOT logbook, daily route/productivity sheet, and vehicle condition report (post-trip inspection sheet).
- Maneuver truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances up to approximately 120 feet.
- Use a key map to locate service addresses.
- Follow safe operating practices, including lock out/ tag out procedures to ensure truck is inoperative when working in the truck body.
- Monitor operations to detect loose debris, using mirrors or direct sight and/or listening for debris falling onto truck during dumping operation.
- Scan customer site before and after dumping.
Sign-on bonus of $2,000!!Requirements
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable commercial truck driving experience or a certificate of completion from an accredited truck driving school
- Ability to driver a standard transmission
- Must be able to meet criteria for safety sensitive functions according to DOT and Company standards
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate equipment
- Ability to read and interpret a key map or GPS to locate service addresses.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer