As one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients’ most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Since 2010, Tractebel has established a Bangkok based hub for the development of projects in the ASEAN region. With a steadily growing team of over 200 experts in the region, based on a good mix of expatriates and strong local competences, the company primarily covers engineering services for water, hydropower, renewable, thermal power, Gas & LNG, T&D, and urban infrastructure.
Job Description and Missions
To support efficiently the expansion of our activities in Water infrastructures (such as Large & Small Hydroelectric Schemes, Dams and Reservoirs, Water Transfer, River Hydraulics), we are looking for a:
GEOTHECHNICAL LEAD ENGINEER - Hydropower Projects
Under the responsibility of the Vice President in charge of Water, you will be fully responsible for delivering the Geotechnical part of Water related consulting & engineering projects, with a major of focus on hydropower and dams project, with the support of a team.
All your missions have to be performed in full compliance with the ENGIE Impact’s standards in terms of Quality / Safety / Legal / Ethics.
In that framework, your main responsibilities are:
Project and technical management
• You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules and with the highest level of International Standard,
• You regular update progress of your works for all your projects to the Project Manager;
• You perform site reconnaissance to green field and site mission during geotechnical investigation campaign
• You participate in the geotechnical design of your projects;
• You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved;
• Ensure the technical level of proposal according to the client’s expectations and the high standard of Quality and Safety,
• You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as design engineers, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way;
• You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality;
• Manage/Supervise the activities of Subcontractors/Partners regarding your scope of the project.
Technical Development• You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues;
Management / Teams coordination
• Motivate and support a project team (engineers and draftsmen for your projects) to achieve their targets (time and budget)
• Coaching and accompanying the project team, on a daily basis, on the development/enhancement of technical skills related foundation works for large water infrastructures such as dams, hydropower schemes and water transfers,
• Mobilize resources and manage workload efficiently, coordinate the Consultant’s and Subcontractors/Partners’ activities during the performance of the assignments
Business Development and Sales
• Participate in the services tender preparation for you scope of expertise : methodology, schedule, manning,
• Participate to the business development activities on Water businesses when it is in your of expertise
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
• Master degree in Geotechnical Engineering and at least 10 years of professional experience in Water Engineering (water resources, water supply, water transfer and piping, hydropower, dams, irrigation …) with a strong focus on hydropower and dams project
• Be able to use slope stability analysis software and basic geotechnical tools
• An experience as a Project Manager or a Team Leader is a must
• A strong and sound technical background in large water infrastructures, allowing you to lead in an autonomous way the technical and to solve most of the project technical challenges
• A first experience in the region is a strong advantage
• A team management experience
• A good customer handling skills
• Team player, results-focused, determined and responsible.
• Dynamic, proactive and autonomous, manage to create quickly good relationships in a new environment and recognized and a good communicator
• English fluency is a must, Thai proficiency would be highly appreciated