Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment. We have the following position available:
Staff Geotechnical Engineer Patrick Engineering is seeking a Staff Geotechnical Engineer to join our Industrial Infrastructure Division. The Staff Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for performing simple and complex geotechnical calculations, assisting in the design of civil engineering projects, and preparing technical specifications and reports under the supervision of a senior geotechnical engineer. Additional responsibilities include performing field investigations, evaluating materials for use in construction, and performing field testing to verify conformance with project specifications. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects.
- Plan and direct geotechnical investigations.
- Evaluate materials for use in project construction.
- Develop geotechnical design criteria; and use geotechnical software to perform slope stability, seepage and L-Pile analyses, pavement design, etc.;
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations for the solution of engineering problems identified in test reports
Skills & Requirements The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Excellent technical and professional engineering skills commensurate with years of experience.
- Strong safety focus and attention to detail.
- Excellent plan and specification reading skills
- Organization skills to prioritize multiple demands
- A proactive, collaborative approach with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate for the project.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred; Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a strong geotechnical background is also acceptable.
- 0-4 years of relevant work experience; Engineering Intern License preferred.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with AutoCAD; experience with geotechnical specific software such as g/INT, GEOSLOPE, L-PILE preferred.
- Self-starter who can work independently and part of a multi-discipline team.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.