DescriptionWe are currently seeking full-time a Water/Wastewater Engineer for our Somers, NY office to join our growing team of engineering professionals working to improve public infrastructure of our hometowns and throughout the northeast. Successful candidates will work within project-focused teams.
Water and sewer infrastructure technical duties will including the following:
- Focus on design of instrumentation and control systems for water resource recovery facilities
- Civil engineering tasks
- Engineering report preparation
- Design calculations
- Cost estimates
- Fund / Grant Applications
- Production of specifications and design drawings
- Funding program and permit coordination / compliance
- Construction phase engineering
- Candidates will be responsible for managing and/or providing technical assistance to continually advance projects within scope, budget and schedule for all phases of water and wastewater projects.
- B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in the analysis and design of municipal water treatment and distribution systems, municipal wastewater collection and treatment systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration as an Intern Engineer (I.E.) or Professional Engineer (P.E.) in NY is required and experience in the consulting engineering field is desired.
- Candidates should also be proficient in technical writing, possess solid marketing and communication skills, be able to interact effectively with teammates, staff and clients, and have experience in the preparation and presentation of proposals.