DescriptionHart Crowser is an industry-leading consulting firm serving the geotechnical, environmental, and natural resources markets. Our combined staff of 100+ engineers and design professionals offer unparalleled expertise that serves all major engineering disciplines including building, transportation, mining, power, and water/wastewater markets. With nearly 50 years of design experience, our rapidly expanding Geotechnical Business Unit is a cornerstone for Hart Crowser’s success with projections for long-term growth.As a member of the Hart Crowser team, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to establish and grow a geotechnical practice in San Diego and help propel your career. In this position, Hart Crowser offers collaboration with other geotechnical engineers of all experience levels, promotes the development of your skills, and encourages you to tailor your experience to build a practice with interesting and challenging projects.
Hart Crowser is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in San Diego, California. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer position is responsible for growing the Hart Crowser geotechnical presence in the San Diego area. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit with a successful history of building client relationships and strong business development skills. This position requires in-depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design associated with heavy civil construction. Our geotechnical engineering staff will support project pursuits, awarded projects, and construction engineering. Within the firm, we have more than 30 geotechnical engineers, including several licensed in California to support you.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Create a business development plan to outline how you will implement your business development strategy to develop new clients.
- Pursue targeted opportunities through client relationships and market/competitor analysis.
- Manage internal project teams.
- Provide technical mentoring to internal staff.
- Contribute to geotechnical and corporate management activities and business decisions.
- Support the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective designs.
- Work with the pursuit teams during the bid phase to help identify key geotechnical design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
- MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited program.
- 15+ years of related professional experience with increasing responsibility.
- Registered California GE.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the California, federal, public and private sector geotechnical market.
- Experience interacting with clients and the proven ability and desire to perform marketing and business development activities to generate revenue.
- Significant hands-on experience managing internal project teams and clients.
- A team attitude and strong desire to establish and grow a Southern California geotechnical group.
- Strong technical skills in geotechnical engineering and the desire to mentor staff.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to interact well with internal staff and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.
About Hart Crowser
Why Hart Crowser?
- Many years successfully serving some of the top clients in the northwest on some of the most challenging and interesting technical and regulatory problems.
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision insurance is available to our employees.
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 18 days paid time off each year.
- Hart Crowser invests 60 to 80 hours each year on training and career development for each newer employee.
- We have a formal mentoring program and do quarterly performance discussions to support career development.
- We provide internal learning programs. Over the last two years we have offered internal training on project management, technical writing, and business development. We also provide tuition assistance to individuals seeking work-related outside learning.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume.As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US.Hart Crowser, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify employer.