Job DescriptionThe Senior Geotechnical Engineer will perform professional work assignments designed to develop and increase professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related tasks. This individual must exemplify moderate exercise of judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives. Work under supervision of Project Manager on projects of average difficulty.Job Responsibilities
- Provide geotechnical advice in multiple specialized technical disciplines and develop solutions to clients by putting acquired geotechnical data into context.
- Use prescribed methods to perform project tasks under the supervision of an experienced professional.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Work with other project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing and performing analyses.
- Work with project professionals with proposal and report preparation.
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner within project budget.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years' experience with managing geotechnical work around the process of acquiring, analyzing, engineering and interpreting geotechnical data in order to provide accurate and customized services to clients.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- Possess or be able to obtain TXDOT Pre-certification.
- Daily activities include both field and office environments.
- Some travel may be required including possible long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Possible international travel/assignments may be required.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Present information and ideas and respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Practical knowledge of college-level calculus, geometry, statistics, and other related mathematical disciplines.
- Understand advanced technical requirements and current data acquisition procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and engineering software and equipment.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
We offer:As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.