SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS Engineers is seeking an individual who would be responsible for the design of Transfer Stations and MRF’s, as well as growing this practice in the Southwest Region, which includes California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. The job would include business development/client contact, preparation and review of proposals, project management, technical expertise on technologies and equipment, coordination with other staff on projects and oversight of staff. This position can be based in any SCS Office in the Southwest Region or can be remote.
- Takes direction from the Leader of Sustainable Materials Management for the Southwest Region and the Southwest Region Office Director
- Provides direction to staff in project activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and set an example of personal conduct and ethics.
- Serve as Project Director on project deliverables with an emphasis on client contact and liaison. Provide technical, contractual, and administrative support to Project Managers. Assist in proposal development and preparation of budgets. Emphasize sound engineering/scientific and technical quality, client satisfaction, and project profitability.
- Responsible for implementation of the company’s Quality Assurance Program in the Southwest Region. Provide technical review and quality assurance support for projects and proposals.
- Provide technical expertise on MRF equipment and other technologies, as well as understanding operational and performance assessments for MRF’s.
- Provide guidance to Project Managers in dealing with project staff, staffing assignments, and accounting for resources in executing their jobs.
- Serve as a key business development representative of the firm to provide technical foundations for development of larger long-term projects.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing programs.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing formal business development plans for assigned activities. Monitor business development and strive for cost efficiency as well as long-term positioning.
- Proposal planning and preparation. Develop proposal budgets and cost estimates.
- Establish and maintain appropriate contact with local and regional community. Become active in local professional and trade associations. Encourage office personnel to participate in professional activities for business opportunities and personal growth.
- Train, mentor and help the development of effective technical and project management skills of staff and Project Managers.
- Maintain a personal and professional code of conduct.
- Demonstrate commitment to adherence to safety program and procedures.
- Assist staff in professional development, involve staff in decision-making, provide on-the-job training and outside education, and establish career opportunities for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with transfer stations and MRF’s required.
- Business Development experience on the West Coast required.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other and foster team spirit with all levels of personnel.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at firstname.lastname@example.org.