STRATA provides our clients with professional geotechnical engineering, construction inspection, and material testing (CMT) services in the West. Currently, STRATA has offices in Boise, Coeur d’Alene, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, and Pocatello, Idaho; Richland and Spokane, Washington. At STRATA, we enhance the quality of life within our communities by providing solutions as a team of proud professionals.Position DescriptionA Project Engineer is responsible for the successful completion of projects while minimizing liability and fostering mutually beneficial client relationships in accordance with STRATA's Mission/Vision Statement and Core Values. This individual will work with a team of geotechnical engineering professionals across a wide range of service markets. In this position, the candidate will be involved with management of geotechnical engineering projects and explorations, which consists of performing boring layouts, clearing utilities, supervising field explorations, performing geophysical surveys, classifying soil, assigning laboratory testing, and preparing geotechnical reports. Candidate will prepare proposals for a variety of project types and for local, municipal, and federal clients. In addition to office work, position will involve field work including, but not limited to, field investigation, construction observation, and on-site consultation, depending on project needs and staff availability. A project level engineer will have demonstrated ability to supervise subordinate staff.Professional Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering, MS in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- P.E. Registration required.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in the field of geotechnical engineering.
- Experienced with geotechnical software including gINT, SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, LPILE, MSEW, and GRLWEAP.
- Proficiency using personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Adherence to STRATA’s drug and alcohol policy
- Travel as necessary to support regional offices.
- Project management responsibilities include procurement, training, planning, assigning and directing work, and resolving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively, accurately, and professionally with clients, contractors, supervisors, and team members.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff having varied skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Organization skills and the ability to move efficiently and effectively from one assignment to the next with initiative.
- Ability to apply reasonable judgment and understanding.
- Ability to foster a collaborative culture as a team leader and/or a team member.
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Short-term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company-provided Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.