“Together we are laying the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.” --Perry A. Hand, PE, PLS Chairman of the Board, Volkert, Inc. 2011-2019 Volkert, a Top 100 design firm, is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Planning + Environmental • Design + Engineering • Program + Construction Management We are currently searching for a talented Bridge Technician in our Texas Region located in Austin, North Austin, Rockwall, or Houston, TX.
Are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
• Provide assistance to engineers using MicroStation to create bridge detail plans and perform minor design work on bridge projects
• Contribute to project production sheets by adding dimensions and laying out plans, title and detail sheets
• Prepare minor mathematical calculations and quantity calculations
• Research applicable design codes and guidelines to ensure design compliance
• Research design options and documents findings
• Coordinates assignments with project team and supervisor
• Perform quality control reviews of design plans and calculations
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Be a team player and assist other groups as needed
What you need to have:
• Associate degree from a technical or four-year school
• Prior experience with bridge/structural drafting (1-5 years)
• Experience with Autocad or similar design software
• Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or similar field is preferred
• Familiar with MicroStation/GeoPAK
• Familiar with TxDOT Bridge Detailing Manual and applicable bridge standards preferred
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to contribute and work well on a team
To be a successful Volkert Bridge Technician, you must possess the following characteristics:
• Be a Brand Ambassador for the company which believes in diversity and inclusion
• Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
• Be able to multi-task in a team environment
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
• Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.