“Together we are laying the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.” --Perry A. Hand, PE, PLS Chairman of the Board, Volkert, Inc. 2011-2019 Volkert, a Top 100 design firm, is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Planning + Environmental • Design + Engineering • Program + Construction Management We are currently searching for a motivated Drainage Engineer to join our Texas Region. This role can be located in any of our Texas locations: Austin, TX, Frisco, TX, Houston, TX, Rockwall, TX or Round Rock, TX.
Are we the road to your future?
The ideal candidate will develop strong working relationships with clients and staff plus maintain a high level of project standards and exceeding client expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
• Assists with various assignments for the Department of Transportation and local municipalities.
• Performs engineering analysis and plans preparation associated with roadway infrastructure improvements.
• Works under the direction of senior staff to develop plans and calculations for transportation projects.
• Understands applicable policies, methods, practices, and procedures.
• Perform drainage design and production for transportation projects including calculations and plans preparation
• Assists in design of collection and conveyance systems for transportation projects.
• Assists in design of stormwater management facilities to meet water quality and quantity requirements.
What you need to have:
• Bachelor's degree Civil Engineering degree
• 5-10 years of prior experience as drainage engineer on civil or transportation projects.
• Experience and ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment in the solution of work problems
• Must be able to communicate effectively; verbal and written
• Texas Licensed Professional Engineer or if registered in another state, the ability to obtain registration in the State of Florida within six months
• Experience in design of drainage conveyance systems and plans preparation in compliance with TxDOT standards
• Experience in design of ponds
• Experience in the following software: Geopak, Inroads, Corridor Modeling, Autoturn, MicroStation or other equivalent CAD software
To be a successful Volkert Drainage Engineer, you must possess the following characteristics:
• Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
• Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
• Be able to multi-task in a team environment
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
• Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.