Job DescriptionSME is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for a regular, full-time Project Engineer position to join our team in our Indianapolis, Indiana office.Description of Position ResponsibilitiesProvide engineering and consulting services for a wide variety of projects and clients. Performing field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and providing comprehensive recommendations to clients both verbally and within written reports. Management of proposals (including preparation and cost estimates), projects, invoicing and collections. Management and technical direction of drilling crews, sub-consultants, laboratory staff, technicians and other engineering staff that may be associated with projects under your supervision. Learning about other SME services to assist in promoting and expanding geotechnical and other SME services to new and existing clients.Technical Skills Required
- Expertise with foundation design (shallow and deep), pavement design, retaining wall design, slope stability design and evaluations, and seismic related design and evaluation.
- Related geophysical experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with Mathcad, Slide, CT shoring and Allpile or LPile.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
Preferred Behavioral TraitsTeam Member must have good organizational, written, and oral communication skills. Motivated self-starter and able to work independently. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment. Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company's compliance standards. Punctual and hard worker. Strong leadership skills and ability to train and motivate staff.SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.