Job DescriptionSME is seeking a Senior Staff/Project Engineer for a regular, full-time position with our Geotechnical Services group in our New Albany, Indiana office.Description of Position ResponsibilitiesConducting and/or directing geotechnical evaluations including associated field work. Routine lab work. Report preparation. Field inspection of foundations. Assisting with other special projects.Technical Skills Required
- Proven track record of building a practice and knowledge of local market and existing relationships with local clients a plus.
- Field experience related to foundation (deep and shallow) inspections a plus.
- Pavement design experience a plus.
- Ability to read plans and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- An excellent driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
Preferred Behavioral TraitsTeam Member must have good organizational, written and oral communication skills. Motivated self-starter and able to work independently. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment. Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company's compliance standards. Punctual and hard worker. Strong leadership skills and ability to train and motivate staff.SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.