DescriptionSUMMARYAssignments will have clear and specific objectives and will require ability to lead task-related scheduling, implementation of work plans and coordination with various sub consultants. Work topics will involve numerous technologies, various environmental media, field sampling and remediation methodologies. Work involves review and knowledge of conventional plans, surveys, maps, and associated data.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the following):
- Typical field assignments may include one or more of the following: Conduct geologic/environmental observation during contractor operations including field exploration, sampling, preparation of geologic boring logs that include soil descriptions and relevant geologic/engineering data, conduct air monitoring for particulates and or volatile organic vapors.Oversee and document various subcontractor operations including utilities clearance, drilling, sampling, excavation and/or backfilling operations.Work closely with project team and laboratories in order to characterize various media waste streams through laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
- Attend a variety of meetings with clients and project team members
- Interpret geologic and hydrogeologic conditions encountered in the field, prepare routine proposals and reports with supervisory guidance including a working knowledge of the principals and techniques commonly employed in the specific service area such as: the creation of contour maps, three dimensional presentation of contaminant plumes in soil, soil vapor, and groundwater media.
- Position requires 40-Hour OSHA training with annual updates.
- Successful candidate will be expected to begin to develop skills in client interaction and relationship building.
- Follow all company policies and procedures and support a safe work environment for all.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to become a registered geologist or engineer would be beneficial.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs as a minimum.Understanding or proficiency in technically specific programs such as GINT, AutoCAD, MS Project would be beneficial.