Staff Geotechnical Engineer We are looking for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer for our Granger, IN office (South Bend). The position is for an entrepreneurial-minded professional who has a serious interest in geotechnical engineering and a willingness to learn from seasoned professionals who recognize that the best geotechnical professionals build their skill on solid field experience in order to gain an understanding of different site conditions and effective work methods. This is a fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will be given lots of opportunity to grow, achieve autonomy, and become a trusted advisor to clients. Primary Responsibilities:
- Using superior communication skills, work with clients on project sites, identify and understand their needs, learn to propose solutions that address these needs.
- Establish, foster, and maintain strong client relationships.
- Develop appropriate work plans and perform field work for geotechnical and geologic explorations at client project sites.
- Analyze geotechnical and geologic data to provide practical foundation, pavement, and other geotechnical recommendations.
- Understand and assign appropriate testing programs for soils, concrete, and asphalt materials. Assist in the laboratory as needed to meet project requirements. Learn to initiate and recommend specific improvements to designs, systems, methods, procedures or applications, as they apply to geotechnical consulting operations.
- Assist in managing technical support staff, subcontractors and subconsultants.
- Prepare geotechnical reports.
- Participate in professional organizations to promote the professionalism and integrity of the company.
- Participate in training for technical and operational staff.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks, meeting specific timelines and deadlines.
- Be enthusiastic about working at outdoor project sites, in the office, and in the laboratory.
- Assist in proposals and cost estimates as needed.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A serious interest in geotechnical engineering as a career.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and software related to geotechnical engineering.
- Proficient abilities in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional License is a plus. (Or the ability to obtain a license within two years.)
- Ability to travel 10%.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/DisabilityWeaver Consultants Group maintains a drugfree workplace.