SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Location:Canada - Vancouver Job Code:1428-P19
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Power & Transportation group you will have the opportunity to work on transportation, hydroelectric and marine civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in the Vancouver office you will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.You will have excellent opportunities to grow your career with the company. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure client satisfaction and rewarding careers for our employees.This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with diverse teams of engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design.
- manage challenging design projects.
- plan and execute complex geotechnical investigations.
- prepare geotechnical factual and design reports.
- prepare and present technical papers and contribute to advancement of earth science in our area of technical specialization.
- be a role model and technical mentor for our staff.
- travel within Canada and internationally.
If you are currently registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC, have 10 to 15 years broad-based experience, including on heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical and civil engineering skills, and a Bachelor or Masters degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, we want to hear from you.We value your:
- ability to understand multidiscipline design projects and interface effectively with the various disciplines (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical).
- strong technical design and analytical skills.
- effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients.
- interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate project teams.
- excellent organization, planning and execution skills.
About Us:Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, environmental and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada's leading engineering consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include geotechnical, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and environmental engineering.
- Our Power group does all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects.
- Our Transportation capabilities include comprehensive bridge design and rehabilitation including major design build projects throughout Canada.
- Our Marine group is a leader in the development of major port facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.Are you up to the challenge?If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1428-P19.We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.